CourageousHR October Newsletter - Adding HR Valueby
Dear HR professional,
Come in, sit down and make yourself comfortable.
Welcome to the FIRST CourageousHR Newsletter! First of all thank-you for reading this Newsletter and secondly, if it is not asking too much from you, we want you to let us know what topics you want us to cover. You see our Newsletter is aimed at providing you with thought leadership, development and networking opportunities, as well as practical hints and tips on all things HR.
So, without further ado, we are proud to present below our HR Topic for the month of October.
Creating HR value
If HR is so ‘business critical’ (as we would like to think we are!) why is it that HR was one of the hardest hit professions during the ‘credit crunch’?
1. The responsibility for proving HR’s value lies solely with HR and it has to learn that by over-promising whilst constantly under-delivering the business benefits of HR Partnership it is just reinforcing the image amongst HR’s many detractors that we are nothing more than an unavoidable cost and an unfortunate irritant.
2. To find out more about what you can do to create and demonstrate business value then read our summary article ‘Proving the sceptics wrong’.
3. If your Business Director asked you to define HR’s value to the business would you be able to?
4. If you want to have a go at working out what it could be complete this short assessment Clarifying HR’s Strategic Direction.
5. HR can add significant business value. The HR Partnership structure, when implemented well, is a systematic way of consistently delivering business ‘value’.
6. To discover what you can do to increase the value of HR click on this link to download a Quick guide to creating HR Value.
7. So what does a HR Partner actually do? It seems like whatever they want to! There are so many different interpretations on what a HR Partner does so we’ve come up with some of our own ideas to provide clarity and consistency.
8. To find out more go to our blogs where your thinking will be challenged and your creative juices will be set on fire!
9. We still have a few places left on our Developing your business critical HR skills workshop on October 26th at a fantastic price of just £250. To find out more and book your place click I want to find out more.
10. Because we are so generous at CourageousHR we are still offering our online HR Competency Assessment Tool for free – but our generosity won’t last forever so try it out FREE HR Competency Assessment Tool.
We will be back next month with our next Newsletter focusing on the challenges of creating the right HR structure for your business. In the meantime you are invited to join our HR revolution.
Have a great month and keep us in touch with what you are doing.
<Downloads have been achieved. If you'd like to have a copy, please contact us>