CourageousHR Newsletter - Is HRs relationship with the business a marriage of convenience or true love?by
One of the most difficult things to get right is a relationship of any kind – friends, family, children, partner, colleagues, suppliers etc.... Yet, when we do get it right the rewards can be amazing – friendship, laughs, support, guidance ... the list is endless. So how good do you think HR is at building great relationships with the business?
At CourageousHR we find it amazing that most of HR’s effort, time and money is invested in technology and infrastructure yet research repeatedly shows that it is the quality of the HR Professional that makes the real difference in delivering real value to the business. Yet, how much effort is put into helping HR build really strong relationships with the business?
Therefore, this Newsletter is dedicated to providing you with some really practical guidance and best practices on how to create and maintain great business relationships.
Strategic HR – Healthy relationships are HR’s passport for success
1. Building strong relationships is a habit which, although never-ending, can be practiced and developed. It is about HR Professionals being more focused and impactful in identifying the relationships that matter and then working out what strategies and practical tactics to use to create new relationships and enhance existing relationships.
2. To explore the main issues HR is facing in building strong relationships with the business download Healthy relationships are HR’s passport to success.
Measuring HR - How good are you at building great relationships?
3. Most of the time most people aren’t too sure how they actually build relationships – some seem to do it effortlessly whilst others falter and fail. Just imagine if you were able to work out what more you could do to be better at building relationships how much easier it would be for you!
4. To work out what you are doing right and what you could do better try out our exercise How good am I at building great relationships?
Practical HR – Want to know how to get better at building relationships?
5. Our experience at CourageousHR is that there are some ‘golden rules’, some do’s and don’ts of building great relationships. If you want to get a flavour of the types of practical things you can do to immediately get better then download How to develop great relationships.
6. We are feeling generous this month so here’s another development tool to help you to identify and influence the key decision makers and main power brokers in your business.
7. There was a time long long ago when HR was Personnel and it wasn’t expected to have a voice or an opinion – it was merely there to obediently serve the will of its business masters. BUT now the business is crying out for HR to challenge, get involved, speak out and lead (certainly that is the feedback we get from our business clients).
8. So, what opinions do you have and have you recently spoken out, challenged, broken the mould or dared to be different? Just in case you need a bit of encouragement or inspiration why not check out our latest series of blogs which are focusing on practical things you can do to stand out and make a difference.
9. At CourageousHR we specialise in providing practical and ground breaking HR Training which will immediately make you better at your job. We are always updating and refining our training programmes so if you haven’t looked at what is on offer click HR Training to find out more.
<Downloads have been achieved. If you'd like to have a copy, please contact us>