CourageousHR newsletter - HR: Pride or Prejudice?by
Working in HR: Do you have Pride?
When you were at school did you hope you would become a HR Professional when you grew up? Is HR an aspirational career for young professional wannabes? In a recent Forbes article looking at the most admired professions HR didn’t appear in it at all – so does that mean HR has such a low profile or such a poor standing? Well let’s hope it is the former as it would be bad news if we are lower that investment bankers and journalists!
This Newsletter focuses on exploring what is HR Professionalism and how it can be developed. We believe that unless we are passionate and proud of being HR Professionals we will fail to attract the best new talent and our business influence and credibility will diminish. We like happy endings so we are focusing on what we can do to ensure HR’s future is bright.
Strategic HR – Taking pride in HR
1. The cornerstone of HR Professionalism is about HR having pride in the work it does and recognising it is a service provider. But .... how do you develop professional pride, a service ethos and ensure technical excellence all at the same time?
2. To explore what HR needs to do to develop its professionalism and discover some of the obstacles that need to be overcome download Taking pride in HR.
Measuring HR – How ready are you to be a better HR Professional?
3. Pride implies passion, commitment and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ (If taken too far it also has downsides but that is for another time!). For proud HR Professionals it is important that you are able to be as effective as possible in delivering a great service to the business.
4. To work out how effective you are as a HR Professional download and complete Developing the effective habits which will build my HR capabilities
Practical HR – Want to become a prouder HR Professional?
5. Excellent! If you’d said “No” then that would raise serious questions about your commitment to people and HR. As you’d expect at CourageousHR we have a few ideas on how youcan become a better equipped HR Professional – needless to say it is not all down to your technical excellence.
6. To find out what more you can do to become a more passionate and ‘better’ HR download Professionally Proud.
7. Passion is rarely a word associated with HR yet without it we are nothing more than ‘pen-pushing administrators’. Passion for people should be at the heart of the HR agenda as it is provides us with our purpose, focus and gives us the courage of our convictions to be seen, be heard, be involved, be controversial, be willing to take risks, be willing to break new ground, be challenging, be innovative, be risk takers, be supportive, be valuable.
8. The HR Courage to Lead & Act Charter is a call to HR Professionals to be Courageous Leaders. It’s never too late to wake up to yours and HR’s potential - do you feel inspired sign-up to the Charter and stick to it?
9. Great news for us is that we are going international again. We ran a really fab course last week in South Africa skilling up HR Partners to be excellent internal HR Consultants. If you want to find out more drop us a line and we’ll tell you more.
10. At CourageousHR we specialise in providing practical and ground breaking HR Training which will immediately make you better at your job. We are always updating and refining our training programmes so if you haven’t looked at what is on offer click HR Training to find out more.
Join the HR revolution and keep us in touch with what you are doing.
<Downloads have been achieved. If you'd like to have a copy, please contact us>