Happy New Year and welcome to CourageousHR's January newsletter.
After the festive playtime we are all now back to our business realities. So, how do you feel about this coming year - are you fed up or fired up?
We feel the world of work is not going to drastically change much in 2011 so maybe NOW is a great time to consider what can you do better this year, do more of, do less of and start afresh. So, this bumper issue is packed with ideas, challenges, thoughts and tools to help you get fired up and passionate about the work you are doing.
1. Passion is rarely a word associated with HR yet without it we are nothing more than ‘pen-pushing administrators’. Passion for people should be at the heart of the HR agenda as it is provides us with our purpose, focus and gives us the courage of our convictions to be seen, be heard, be involved, be controversial, be willing to take risks, be willing to break new ground, be challenging, be innovative, be risk takers, be supportive, be valuable.
2. The HR Courage to Lead & Act Charter is a call to HR Professionals to be Courageous Leaders. It’s never too late to add to your list of New Year resolutions – do you feel inspired to sign-up to the Charter and stick to it?
3. Did you sign up to the HR Charter? Did you really? If you did or if you’re still undecided what are you going to differently NOW to live it out? To help you we have not one but TWO tools to help you think through what you’re going to do more of, do less of, do better and start afresh.
4. Defining HR Professional’s Personal Contribution Exercise.is about helping you become more purposeful as a HR Professional.
5. HR courage to act will help you to think about what courage means to you and how you want to become more courageous as a HR professional.
6. We always love to know what you think because it makes sure we can offer you the best possible advice and practical tools. Therefore, we are pleased to launch our State of the HR Nation 2010/11 survey. Following on from the success of last year’s survey we would love it if you could take 15 minutes to complete it.
7. As a thank-you to all who complete the survey we will send you – for free – the first in our series of e-books (normal retail price £9.99) from our ‘Developing your HR expertise series’. Our first e-book is on how to develop business relationships.
8. Being an HR professional is no easy task. We know, we’ve been there, got the t-shirt, seen the sights, and fought the battles. But sometimes there are little things that can make a difference. Like taking pride in being in HR.
9. Therefore, the next time you’re down, hammered by the latest performance management process or the salary review, take a step back and remember, without you .... in fact what would happen if HR didn’t exist? T o find out more about why YOU are indispensable to the business take a look at our blog HR Hints and Tips: Taking pride.
10. We have a lot of exciting new products, tools, and workshops in the pipeline which we will be launching in the spring but in the meantime if there is anything you need some friendly support and guidance on let us know – we’re here to help you look great!
Join the HR revolution and keep us in touch with what you are doing.
<Downloads have been achieved. If you'd like to have a copy, please contact us>